Al's Photography Blog

Al's Photography Blog
Pikes Peak As Seen From Our House

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Light Clouds & Murky Water

We've had a beautiful week here, so I'm putting up a couple of pictures I took yesterday. There were just a few light clouds when I took the dog for a walk, nothing impressive.
So I went into the almost-dry creek bed behind the house and took pictures of the sun reflecting off the stagnant water, with a little ice still left over.
We may get up to a foot of snow tomorrow, so there may be some more snow pictures for next week. In the meantime, visit the Skywatch Friday site for a wide variety of skies around the world.

19 comments:

  1. Lovely blue ski! And isn't it wonderful to see them -- even if it's only for a day or two! Interesting reflections in water and the ice is in direct contrast to the sky! Hope you have more blue than ice! Have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard you guys are in for some rough weather ... but knowing that area this time of year, you'll be BBQ'ing by Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous blue sky...wonderful! Looks like Spring is right around the corner!

    Creativity--Bits and Pieces

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Blue sky, and really ligh high flying clouds.
    Sure jhope you don't get the flooding from rains and snow melt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish there was such a sky here too. But now it is gray here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm seeing the promise of Spring in your photos.
    Joyce, IL, U.S.A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love a blue sky with soft white clouds. And you're getting snow again? Bring on the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome sky! So bright and artistic too. Beautiful reflections in that icy water. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sky and great watery scenes.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful shots. Lovely cloud designs in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice shots. I love that type of wispy cloud :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can inmagine that you enjoy a blue sky after a long dark winter. My favavorite is the last picture. It feels like definately saying good bye to winter

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like the beautiful sky but the murky waters look...well, murky:) happy skywatching!

    My skywatch entry is here.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful,lovely and fantastic shots !!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment - I love reading them and look forward to viewing your blog. If you only allow Google+ comments I won't be able to leave a comment in return.

Related Posts with Thumbnails